Pages

Thursday 17 January 2013

AN INTERVIEW WITH THE PUBLIC ENEMY STRANGER (Episode 1)

AN INTERVIEW WITH THE PUBLIC ENEMY STRANGER




Hi people,

    I hope you all are getting to like something about this humble page of mine, at-least I hope I'm reaching out to the literature lovers out there, people who love to read and know what sup, people who love to learn new things about other people and their lifestyle, people who are not afraid to be caught dead reading from my page. Dear people, I've got something cool for you today and without too much pre-amble cause I'm not writing an english grammar exam. I would let you in on what I did 4 days ago, well in the next paragraph of-course.
   
    I woke up on last-week friday morning rising to the blessed sun, I ran through my ming December 2012, the full month that had been part of my university holiday, I would soon drag myself off the bed to get the usual morning chores done, take my beauty bath, play dress up, put on some nice make-up and play with the canon camera, as shy as I was I loved to take pictures, the cute, the sexy, the nude, the beautiful, the bad and the ugly photos are all in my keep and then I thought of something that I had to do today, something daring and totally out of the box, not some silly day out with some married jerk, no way atleast not while the sun's still shining. Just like how I usually make my ridiculous decisions I finished up my chores, made breakfast and freshened up to an ordinary outing look, I used my face foundation (MaryKay) and nothing else on my face, I put my note pad and a pen into my nine-west duffle bag and left the empty house.
I smiled at what I was planning to do on that day and shook my head. Now to warn my readers I've got a knack for going after the weird, the feared and the forgotten when it comes to working up literary ideas, I usually don't mind the difficult task of doing them. That friday I chose to have a social interview with an 'AGBERO' typically referred to as touts, vagabonds sometimes thieves!! etc, they are usually very violent and a set of mean humans, I wanted to see the world through their eyes. I'm the type of person who tries her 'so very' best to see things through the mind of others, although I am as adamant as fcuk when it comes to my opinions and choices. I wanted to get this interview done......successfully. I would be willing to spend some money, smile and look professional and trust worthy too, I decided to add a proper jacket to my getup and hoped to make the impression I was hoping on.
   Now I would go by his half nickname , we wouldn't be wanting anyone getting into trouble through this interview though but be sure of the rest texts that follows are certainly real though. 

 I took a shuttle down to my estate gate to get a bus heading to the mainland because I obviously live on the Island part of Lagos, in-fact around Lekki, I wouldn't dare select an agbero around my vicinity if I don't want to get stalked and probably get raped or something worse, yes I'm also the paranoid type, sorry. I used the ATM machine to get some cash before boarding a bus to 'CMS under-bridge' so that I could board a BRT bus direct to the mainland. I took care to note down any change in the physical or emotional atmosphere surrounding my so called target  human specimen. Well its still the same old thing with them, looking stoned, aggressive, ready to beat up some bus conductors and some reeking with alcohol or 'ogogoro' (for your information this dearly loved OGOGORO that we Africans love contains 30% to 60% of alcohol, you would wonder how some people drink this on a daily basis and still stand in the sun all day).
 My busstop was at Barracks bustop which was the closest bus-stop to the unofficial bustop at Ojuelegba under-bridge and the acclaimed motor park. This motor park is popular for connecting to different routes within the whole of Lagos and also interstate at-times, if you were familiar with the Lagos road you would know how to get to wherever destination of your choice............to be continued.

Other Episodes
Episode 2:An interview with the public enemy stranger (Episo...
Episode 3:An Interview With The Public Enemy Stranger (Episo...

No comments:

Post a Comment