Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2016

​Quack doctor arrested after 11 years of practice, says only two people have died in his hospital

Celestine Yolonfun, 32, was arrested in the Apapa area of Lagos state, 11 years after practising as a doctor, since dropping out of a nursing school in the Benin Republic in 2005, Punchng reports.
A pregnant woman, who was due for delivery, reportedly died in Yolonfun’s hospital, and her husband reported the doctor to the police, who went to Yolonfun’s hospital – Be Well Hospital – on Liverpool Road, Apapa, and arrested him.


Yolonfun, who hails from Badagry, Lagos State, revealed he paid a colleague N70,000 to obtain fake certificates of the Nigerian Medical Association and the University of Ibadan, Oyo State.

He said, “I have been practising since 2005. I did not attend any school in Nigeria. I went to the Benin Republic. I sat for the General Certificate Education two years ago. I wanted to attend a university in Nigeria to study Medicine. 

But my wife fell sick and I could not. I dropped out of a nursing school in the Benin Republic. I came back to Nigeria in 2004, and I started the hospital in 2005. Since I started the hospital, only two persons had died in the hospital.

The first patient died in 2013. The second patient was that woman who died penultimate Saturday. The woman was pregnant. She also had high blood pressure. After giving her the initial treatment, I planned to refer her to a bigger hospital, but she died before I could move her. Her baby also died.”



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2frv2jc

No comments:

Post a Comment