Pages

Monday 27 March 2017

I Was Paid N82,000 When I Got My First Endorsement – Ali Baba

Ali babaBy Rashidat Akashat with agency report

Nigeria’s King of Comedy, Ali Baba, has said that the business of comedy began paying off when people knew little or nothing about the profession.

The comedian revealed that he started making his millions in comedy since the 90’s after he received an N82, 000 pay.

On Monday, the ace Comedian told NAN in Lagos that people used to find it strange to know that he does comedy for a living.

“When I got my first endorsement and I was paid about N82,000, someone who saw me with the cheque asked what I do for a living and when I said I am a comedian he was baffled,” he said.

The comedian who spoke against the backdrop of an award conferred on him by The Verdant Zeal Quantum Awards at the prestigious Civic Centre, Victoria Island, Lagos, on March 22, also said that, the person had no idea that he already got N1.2 million endorsement from Guinness Nigeria Plc “We don’t need to shout over this.”

“The pay from show business is pronounced because some of the younger ones now flaunt their wealth unduly,” he said.

Ali Baba transcends

Ali Baba further said that he is in a more customized platform which is not the regular one people are used to.

“I still crack jokes but people won’t see me on the platform they are used to.

“I will be 30 years on stage next year, so I have moved on from the platform people used to see me. I have to leave the platform for upcoming actors,” he said.

The well recognized comedian said his move isn’t one to be worried about as “you don’t expect to see that cashier still counting money behind the counter” after 20 years.

“When I started, it was only Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), now we have many television stations and radio stations so the platform is bigger and wider,” Ali Baba submitted.


Have a story to tell, or images to share on a breaking news story? Send them to

Concise News via Whatsapp
(0906 928 2577)

The post I Was Paid N82,000 When I Got My First Endorsement – Ali Baba appeared first on Concise News.

Source: ConciseNew.Global

The post I Was Paid N82,000 When I Got My First Endorsement – Ali Baba appeared first on Bonsue TV.



No comments:

Post a Comment