Pages

Monday 29 February 2016

My election is unique – David Mark

 

Immediate past president of the Senate, Senator David Mark has stated that his victory at the Benue South rerun election is a renewed mandate to continue to serve God and humanity without blemish. Senator Mark said this when he received his certificate of return at Independent National Electoral Commission ( INEC) headquarters today in Abuja.

Senator Mark receives certificate of Return

His words: “for the confidence, trust and love for me , I will continue to serve honestly with all my heart. My actions will be guided always with the fear of God”. Senator Mark expressed appreciation to the people of Benue South and Nigerians alike for the support and prayers that ensure his success at the polls.

My election is unique. I hold this certificate in trust and for service to my people and Nigerians alike. I will serve honestly and with the fear of God”, he stressed. Senator Mark praised INEC for a good job so far but craves for improvement in future polls. He believes that the electioneering process should be less cumbersome to enable more qualified Nigerians participate.

Handing over the certificate to Senator Mark, INEC national commissioner, Lawrence Nwuruku assisted by his colleague Prince Solomon Soyebi said the certificate is a confirmation that he won the Benue South Senatorial rerun election according to the rules and regulations guiding the conduct of elections. He reminded elected public officers that election is a process towards rendering services to the society and making life much more easier and meaningful to the ordinary man. Senator Mark is the only Nigerian till the date who has contested Senatorial election six times, won six times and received certificate of return six times.

 

The post My election is unique – David Mark appeared first on AfrikMouth.



from AfrikMouth http://ift.tt/21DFQuq
via JimiVaey

No comments:

Post a Comment