Pages

Monday 29 February 2016

Ruben Loftus-Cheek signs new contract at Chelsea

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has signed a new contract at Chelsea which will keep him at Stamford Bridge until 2021.

The 20-year-old midfielder, who joined the club as a boy, has featured in 13 games having made his debut in the Champions League against Sporting Lisbon in December 2014.

He first played in the Premier League a month later as a substitute in a 1-1 draw against Manchester City and has appeared five times in the top-flight in the current campaign.

Loftus-Cheek told the club’s website: “I’m delighted to sign a new contract at Chelsea and my focus is on working hard in training every day in order to push on and establish myself in the team.

“It really means a lot because this shows the club believe in me so I’m really happy. The club have done so much for me since I started here as an under-eight and now I want to repay the faith they’ve shown in me with my performances on the pitch.”

He has also impressed on the international stage having earned eight caps for the England U21s.

Loftus-Cheek scored his first Chelsea goal in the FA Cup win over Scunthorpe United in January.

Meanwhile, U21 squad defender Dion Conroy has also signed a new contract until 2018.

The 20-year-old was part of Chelsea’s Academy teams which won the U21 Premier League and FA Youth Cup in 2013/14.

 

 

The post Ruben Loftus-Cheek signs new contract at Chelsea appeared first on AfrikMouth.



from AfrikMouth http://ift.tt/1RzSsOJ
via JimiVaey

No comments:

Post a Comment