Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Couple arrested for dumping refuse on Lagos – Ibadan express way

Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun, on Sunday said he apprehended a couple for dumping refuse on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and handed them over to the police for prosecution. Amosun made this known during the 2016 Democracy Day event organised by the Committee for the Defence of Human Rights, held at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Abeokuta‎.

image

He said the couple was caught while offloading the garbage from the booth of their Lexus SUV on their way to church.
“I was coming from Lagos to Abeokuta, when I saw this Lexus Jeep parked on the highway,” he said while giving details of the incident.

“The car was conveying the couple and their children to church. I thought the car had a fault, but I found out that the booth was opened. On moving closer, I was shocked to see the husband, a well-read man, removing out heap of refuse from the booth and dumping it on the highway, on their way to church, an indication that that had been their stock in trade.

“As soon as my convoy stopped, the couple took off, and I ordered my security to pursue them, they were pursued to Ojota in Lagos before they were arrested. As I am talking to you now, the suspect is in Ibara Police Station here in Abeokuta and would be taken to court on Tuesday (today).”

The post Couple arrested for dumping refuse on Lagos – Ibadan express way appeared first on AfrikMouth.



from AfrikMouth http://ift.tt/1sJ7TfK
via JimiVaey

No comments:

Post a Comment