Pages

Friday 25 November 2016

Female law student humiliated for how she dressed to class

​The Female student, Joaninne Nanyange, took to Facebook to rant about how she was stopped at the entrance to her faculty on Wednesday by two women for ‘indecent dressing’. 

She says the uniformed woman asked her to pull her skirt  down as far as it would go… 

See what she wrote below;

“Today, dressed like this, I went to the Law Development Centre to attend classes. Unlike all other days, I saw two women seated right outside the Centre’s gate, one dressed in a Khaki Police uniform


It was an unusual sight and I thought there was something or someone epic on campus. I got off the boda boda and walked towards the gate. The uniformed woman flagged me down and being the law abiding citizen that I am, I stopped. She asked me to pull my skirt down to see how far down it could go. I burst into laughter. Her request didn’t make sense. She insisted, quite seriously

I told her that was the farthest my skirt could go and there was no need to pull it. The other woman, ever with a very satisfied grin, told me I could not access the campus because my skirt was not long enough for LDC standards. I was shocked

the two women laboured to explain. Apparently, skirts like mine attract the boys and men that we study with and bar them from concentrating. So they could not be allowed!!!!!!”



from WordPress http://ift.tt/2gnVqbz

No comments:

Post a Comment